WARM LOVACADO™ AND CHICKEN SALAD
2 ripe but firm Lovacado™ avocado, halved, pitted and peeled, then quartered
2 x 200 g chicken breasts, skin removed
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil plus extra to drizzle
1 small head of radicchio, cut into quarters
Juice of 1 lemon
1 bunch broccolini, cut into 10 cm pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 small brown onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- To prepare caramelised onion, heat the oil and butter in a large frypan over low heat. Add the onions and cook very slowly for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent them from catching.
- When onions are softened add the sugar and balsamic. Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sticky and caramelised. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile season the chicken with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Heat a BBQ or a grill plate to high. Place the chicken on the grill plate and cook for 5-8 mins each side until or until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Drizzle remaining oil over the radicchio quarters and place on the hot grill. Cook until the radicchio starts to wilt and charred. Transfer to a large bowl squeeze over the lemon.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and blanch the broccolini. Drain.
- Slice the chicken into strips.
- Place the grilled radicchio onto a large serving platter, top with the avocado slices, chicken, broccolini and scatter over the caramelised onion. Drizzle with olive oil. Season to taste.