OVEN BAKED LOVACADO™ FRIES WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO
2 firm Lovacado™ avocados
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 large eggs, whisked
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
Chipotle mayonnaise to serve
Lime wedges to serve
- Heat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, sesame seeds, and salt into a medium shallow bowl.
- Place the eggs in a second bowl and the breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Halve the avocados, remove skin and discard the pits. Cut each half into 1/4 then each 1/4 into 3 slices.
- Working with 1 avocado slice at a time, coat the avocado in flour shaking off any excess. Dip into the egg, and finally breadcrumb mix. Make sure the avocado is fully covered and well-coated. Place onto the baking tray.
- Repeat with remaining avocado, this can get messy; sometimes an extra pair of hands is helpful when crumbing.
- Spray the avocado fries with cooking spray and place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
- Remove the oven tray from the oven halfway through cooking and carefully flip each avocado over using flat spatula.
- Serve immediately, (they are best eaten hot) with chipotle mayo and lime wedges.