LOVACADO™, BBQ CORN AND BLACK BEAN TORTILLAS
2 Lovacado™ avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
2 tablespoons oil
2 corn on the cob
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 fresh jalapeño finely diced
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 – 3 chipotle chill in adobe, chopped
1 can black beans drained
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup chopped coriander
Juice of 1 lime
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
10- 15 small soft tortillas.
Pickled jalapeños to serve
Feta cheese to serve
Chilli sauce to serve
- Heat a BBQ or a grill pan on high, brush the corn with 1 tablespoon of the oil and cook until the corn is charred. Leave to cool and then cut the corn from the cob.
- Cut the avocado into 1 cm dice and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for two minutes; add the jalapeño, cumin, coriander and the chopped chipotle. Cook stirring for a further two minutes. Add the drained Black beans and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook for a further four minutes until some of the water has evaporated.
- Mash half of the beans roughly with a fork. Stir through the BBQ corn, diced avocado, tomatoes, fresh coriander and lime juice. Season to taste and keep warm.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven and serve with avocado bean mix and the condiments of choice.