WARM LOVACADO™ SOUP
Serves 4 – 6
4 (approx. 500 g) ripe Lovacado™ avocados, peeled, pitted and lightly mashed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 cups chicken stock
2 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup cream
1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
Handful of watercress leaves for garnish
Roughly chopped walnuts to serve
- Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chicken stock, lime juice, cumin and avocados to the saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, blend until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot.
- Add the cream and chopped coriander, stir through and heat until warm. Season to taste.
- Divide soup between bowls. Top with watercress leaves and walnuts.