MANGO SALSA FILLED LOVACADOS™ SERVED WITH CRISPY CORN TORTILLAS
2 Lovacado™ avocados, halved, pitted
1 mango cut into 1 cm dice
1 red bird’s eye chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
Juice of one lime
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons shredded mint leaves
1 kaffir lime leaf, finely shredded
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil for shallow-frying
6 small white corn tortillas
- Using the tip of your knife score the flesh of the avocado.
- Place mango, chilli, lime juice, onion, mint, and lime leaf in a bowl. Stir gently to combine. Season to taste.
- Divide salsa between the avocado halves.
- Heat 2cm oil in a frypan over medium-high heat and shallow-fry tortillas, one at a time, turning once or twice, until golden and crisp (1-2 minutes).
- Drain tortillas on absorbent paper, break into rough pieces.
- Serve avocado halves with crispy tortillas pieces.