LOVACADO™ SALAD WITH FENNEL, ORANGE AND PRAWN
2 firm but ripe Lovacado™ avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
1 kg raw prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
2 small fennel bulbs, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
2 navel or blood oranges, skin and pith removed, segmented and juice reserved
Lemon yoghurt dressing
1 cup natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the lemon yoghurt dressing ingredients plus the reserved orange juice in a bowl and season. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium-high heat; add shallot and garlic, sauté for 2- 3 minutes until softened.
- Add the green chilli and prawns. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Slice the avocado halves thinly. Arrange the avocado slices, fennel and orange segments on to a large serving dish.
- Top with the prawns and scatter over fennel fronds. Drizzle with a little dressing.
- Serve salad with remaining dressing on the side and lemon wedges.