LOVACADO™ PESTO FETTUCCINE
1 Lovacado™ avocado, peeled and pitted
500 g fettuccine
2 cups fresh basil leaves plus extra for garnish
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for serving
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
125 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook pasta for 10 minutes or until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile place avocado, basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan to a food processor. Blend until creamy and season to taste. Add more oil for a looser texture if required.
- Stir the avocado pesto and tomatoes through the fettuccini. Add some of the reserved water if needed to loosen the sauce.
- Divide the fettuccine between 4 pasta bowls.
- Top the pasta with fresh basil and extra Parmesan to serve.